Talk

Advanced search

DD2 throwing up every night time bottle. Can anyone help?

(4 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Wed 19-Mar-14 09:12:47

DD2 (3.5 months) quite often brings up some milk during or after her bottle. I'm not sure whether it is considered a lot but it is more than DD1 ever was but rarely necessitates a change of clothes. She is putting on weight and very happy so I have not been bothered about so far.

However, she has recently been waking at 3am or 4am for a feed. After the bottle she is unsettled for a while and eventually bring the whole bottle back up. Once she has been sick she is far happier and sometimes even falls asleep without being fed again (although obviously wakes up 45 mins later when she realises she is hungry).

During the day I make the bottles up from scratch using aptimil powder but during the night and sometimes during the day if we are out I use a carton which I don't heat up. She is not sick if the carton is given during the day.

She has a cold and is quite snuffly at the moment so we have raised one end of the cot mattress to help her breathe better.

Has anyone had this situation? Does anyone know what could be causing her to bring up the whole bottle each night? Could it just be the cold I just have to wait for her to get better or do you think there is anything I can do? I have considered making up the bottle at night instead of using a carton but can't see any logic as to why that should help?

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Wed 19-Mar-14 09:17:55

Is she sick before or after you put her back to bed?
Just wondered if she was lying down too soon, so secret wind makes her sick.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 19-Mar-14 09:23:01

Is she hungry? Maybe try a little water incase she's just thirsty. (Although obviously don't deny food if that's what she wants)

Maybe reduce amount make sure you really wind hers d keep her upright a bit longer.

ExBrightonBell Wed 19-Mar-14 20:32:11

It's possible that the cold and associated mucus is worse at night, and that's making her unsettled and then throw up. Maybe offer a smaller quantity to begin with and take a bit longer to wind/hold upright after the feed. Hope she gets better soon.

Oh and please don't give her water - it's not advised unless in extreme heat, or on medical advice if constipated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now