Talk

Advanced search

Stopping expressing before DD has dropped feeds

(3 Posts)
CityDweller Tue 18-Mar-14 18:06:13

I express at work and I'd like to stop - DD will be 1 yo shortly. However, she still takes two (relatively small) feeds of ebm during day while we're apart and shows no real signs of giving those up. Up to now she has dropped feeds of her own accord and at her own pace. I'm planning to continue feeding during day when I'm with her, but want to stop expressing/ providing ebm on days we're apart.

So, what should I do? Just have childminder offer extra snacks in lieu of ebm? If so, do I do that cold turkey or one feed at a time or gradually reduce the overall amount of ebm I send with her to cm?

What did/ would you do?

ilovepowerhoop Tue 18-Mar-14 19:23:56

the childminder could either offer snacks or could offer a small drink of cows milk instead of breastmilk.

CityDweller Wed 19-Mar-14 13:20:58

Yes - I guess it's not particularly complicated! I think it's more about me feeling guilty, actually - switching her on to something less nutritious because I don't want to pump anymore. But presumably most people giving up pumping at work at 1yr? I think I need to get over myself...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now