Talk

Advanced search

latch gone wrong!

(3 Posts)
urtwistingmymelonman Tue 18-Mar-14 14:41:23

so haven't posted for a while as busy with four month old daughter.
hoping you ladys have some advice as we are all shattered.
about two weeks ago my baby started clicking when feeding and is basically breaking suction and swallowing loads of air causing her to be very windy.
I try to get up as much as possible and wind her as much as I can but it doesn't seem to be working as when I put her to sleep she is awake within half an hour and the time she does spend sleeping is uncomfortable for her.she squirms and wimpers constantly.
ive read lots of advice on breast feeding positions and have spent the last to days trying to improve her latch and postion but so far no joy.
also,she farts like a builder!
has anyone been through this?
why has this happened after three months?
and is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

immortalwife Wed 19-Mar-14 00:28:20

I held my breast so it was supported and rounded at the top so no gap near her lips. Also always made sure she had an biiiggg open mouth and her nose must be slightly touching my nipple at the very least or she swallows air.

My dd also farts like a docker. Alleviated windypops by learning some baby massage techniques off a Paediatric nurse.

As to sleep, have you tried just leaving her to it? Dd tends to squirm and make noises when she's farting or pooing but just goes back to sleep. Is your DC crying very loudly or just having little baby dreams?

urtwistingmymelonman Fri 21-Mar-14 20:50:12

thanks for the reply.
I have been doing some research and think she may have an upper lip tie.
am going to a breastfeeding clinic on Wednesday for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now