Talk

Advanced search

Thrush only on one side???

(3 Posts)
YellowYoYoYam Sat 15-Mar-14 10:02:18

I'm currently bfing 4wo DS and over the last 2 days my right breast has been increasingly painful. Initially I thought it was just the normal pain that comes with latching on and letdown, but it's persisting now for a large part of the feed and a little afterwards. But my left breast is fine!

I can't see any red patch or lump which would indicate a blocked duct or mastitis. If it was thrush could it just be confined to one side? I can't see any white patches in DS's mouth either. I dread feeding from that side! Any insight?

TheScience Sat 15-Mar-14 10:05:15

Doesn't sound like thrush - does this help in diagnosing at all? www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/pdfs/Differential_Diagnosis_of_Nipple_Pain_March_2009.pdf

YellowYoYoYam Sat 15-Mar-14 13:08:24

Thanks for that link, I wonder if it is positioning then because we did have some trouble with latch initially, he sometimes doesn't open his mouth very wide. I'll try a different position on that side as that had helped in the past.

Thank you very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now