Talk

Advanced search

Feeding a baby that just wants to go go go!

(6 Posts)
dodi1978 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:15:34

Anybody else have this? Bottle-feeding my 7 month old DS has recently started becoming difficult because the young man just wants to go go go all the time. He honestly thinks he is a monkey grin! I can't hold him in a good feeding position any more because he just wiggles wiggles wiggles and wants to play, and bottle feeds can take ages. He will take 50 ml, then want to go on the floor, then the next 50ml etc.

This will be a problem in a few weeks when he is going to nursery and I am going to work... I won't have time in the morning to spend an hour or more trying to feed him.

Any advice on how to restrain feed the little man? Oh nice was the time when he was a baby and those little limbs could just be manipulated into a good and cuddly feeding position...

Nevercan Mon 10-Mar-14 17:19:16

Are you using a fast enough teat on the bottle so he can get the milk in quicker? grin

dodi1978 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:17:42

Yes, we've been using fastflow since week 6!!! Greedy little boy!

jenism99 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:54:40

My 13 month cutie is the same! The minute he is done nursing, he rolls off my lap...running. Haha. Maybe you could try to only offer him bottle feedings at a scheduled time...that way he is not "snacking"? He might fuss a bit about it at first, but then he would understand that when he bottle is offered he'd better take advantage! smile

dodi1978 Tue 11-Mar-14 13:48:18

We were never good at routine, so scheduled times probably won't work for me (we are a very unscheduled household...). However, I am trying now the 'Have it within half an hour or don't'-method. Whatever doesn't go within half an hour goes down the drain!

He has been a bit better today though. Still think I am raising a monkey!

rachyconks Tue 11-Mar-14 13:52:55

Try lying him on some cushions and encouraging him to feed himself, or try a sippy cup. My DD loves her tommee tippee free flow. Took her a while to get used to it, but she's going great now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now