Talk

Advanced search

Blood and mucus in nappies! CMPA?

(4 Posts)
Laughingwarrior14 Mon 10-Mar-14 13:56:47

I am breastfeeding my 9week old baby and now following a dairy free diet for 2weeks to see if blood and mucus in the stools improves as well as his skin. Been off it now for 5 days now but after an improvement then last night it has got worse again so starting to think about could it be other food allergy. It's hard not overthinking about everything I'm eating and also got a bit of upset tummy! Got to give it the 2weeks but anyone else had experience with a similar situation?

lovingpickles Mon 10-Mar-14 16:13:44

I can't advise on CMPA unfortunately, just wanted to suggest that you pose this on the allergies board instead. Lots of experienced people on there. Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

josephine1986 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:27:09

Yes, it's really hard, my dd is sensitive to cows milk (either allergy or intolerance) and we've seen a big improvement off dairy for a month but she still has the odd mucousy green poo is I am keeping a food diary to find the culprit.
Most common sister allergies are soya, eggs and peanuts but if you google the intolerant offspring allergies chart you should see the most allergenic foods.
I would stay off dairy for another couple of weeks and keep track of diet and symptoms before eliminating anything else. I know it's hard because you just want them to get better! So frustrating x

josephine1986 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:29:25

Oh and apparently it's common to get worse before it gets better again, their gut needs to heal...dd took at least a week to show improvement once I stopped dairy
And have you eliminated even trace amounts? With cmpa it has to be total removal from your diet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now