Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeders...how long did you have to wear booby pads for?

(12 Posts)
MissRatty Mon 10-Mar-14 08:38:11

We're at 14 weeks now, thought I'd chance it today as I haven't been feeling my letdown as strongly as before and thought therefore that my other boob wasn't leaking as I fed little one...but alas, my top is soaked...

For how long did you have to wear pads, or do you have them for as long as you are breastfeeding? I thought things settled down a bit after a while...

pickles184 Mon 10-Mar-14 08:44:20

Sometime past the 6 month mark, I was starting to worry that they were going to be a bit leaky forever blush

MummyBeerest Mon 10-Mar-14 08:47:33

About 4 months

TiredandGrumpy2014 Mon 10-Mar-14 10:49:29

Im 19 weeks in and don't need them during the day any more as im feeding every 3 hours or so. But I still occasionally leak at night when I might go 8 hours without a feed. I put them in every night to be on the safe side but they only actually seem damp once a week or less.

Sillybillybob Mon 10-Mar-14 10:50:35

I wore them til I stopped - too scared of being caught short!

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 10-Mar-14 10:57:46

Well ds is almost 1yr and I still use them. I do hope this is normal but when I feed on one side the other leaks! especially at night.
But I've always produced too much milk anyway tbh I could probably feed all the babies on the street!

pinksummer Mon 10-Mar-14 11:00:40

I'm 7mths in and still wear them. I leak I from the side that isn't being fed from. You can buy washable ones which I can use now as it isn't huge leaking.

littleducks Mon 10-Mar-14 11:01:46

If you are caught short push your nipple in gently and it won't leak,this is how the lilypadz style pads work.

leedy Mon 10-Mar-14 11:09:23

Past a year both times - again, leaking slightly from the side I'm not feeding from. Also a bit of an overproducer/fast letdown person...

Spotsondots Mon 10-Mar-14 18:54:42

Still wearing at 6 months day and night. I leak from the side I'm not feeding on. I still have a string letdown that I feel every feed (and in between) though. I had to abandon the reusable pads early on as they couldn't cope...hmm

Spotsondots Mon 10-Mar-14 18:55:30

That should be STRONG letdown, not string. Now there's an image...grin

MissRatty Mon 10-Mar-14 18:56:32

Ah, thanks peeps, I was worried it was just me! I was hoping it would settle down and I wouldn't be stuck picking tops on their merits at hiding stains and budgeting for breastpads, but alas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now