Talk

Advanced search

Nursing Bras in a small cup size AND a small back size?

(13 Posts)
WantAnOrange Thu 06-Mar-14 12:47:25

Does such a thing exist? DD is 17 months so I am past the bigger boobs phase and back to pre-pg size, which is tiny and still need nursing bras as she feeds in the day a couple times. I've been measured at Mothercare as a 32B but my measurements come up as a 32A. I have searched for ages, tried Bravado, Bravissimo, Hot Milk etc, all the ones people rave about but I can't find any real choice for my size and most seem to assume small back = big cup, which unless your Jordan, doesn't seem to logical to me confused.

ooievaar Thu 06-Mar-14 13:00:51

If you're finding it difficult to get bras in the right size, would you think of converting them yourself? it's really easy - kits cost about a fiver (e.g. on Ebay) and it takes less than 10 mins even for a cack-handed non-sewing-expert like me. That's what I've done with all my nursing bras, and it means you can choose whichever bra you like.

Mind you, I am in a similar position (DD is 20mo and feeds a few times a day) and I just hoick my breasts out of a normal bra half of the time! if the cup is quite soft it's actually easier than you would think...

Are you 100% sure about the 32A measurements? smile

WantAnOrange Thu 06-Mar-14 13:07:10

I've followed the HotMilk size guide but other than that no I'm not all that sure! I'd like to go to Bravissimo and get measured properly but I live nowhere near one. Great idea, I sew quite a lot, I don't know why I didn't think of it!

ouryve Thu 06-Mar-14 13:07:37

Is your underbust actually 32"? I'd guess that you're more like a 28C or D. DH measures a 34C!
Check here www.mumsnet.com/style-and-beauty/bra-guide
Of cours,e the smallest nursing bra on Figleaves is 30C, so that still might not help, unless it's a small fit.

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 06-Mar-14 13:10:09

What are your actual measurements eg your back size in inches & the full measurement whilst bent over

I doubt mothercares measurements are correct to be honest.

minipie Thu 06-Mar-14 13:20:31

I'm small backed and fairly small boobed (especially towards the end of feeding) and I wore cotton crop top style nursing bras from Jojomaman bebe. Wouldn't be supportive enough for the massive norked but soo comfy if you are smaller boobed. I am pretty small (30 back) and wore their size medium, the small was teeny tiny so should fit even the smallest person I'd have thought.

ooievaar Thu 06-Mar-14 14:57:54

Aha, as I suspected! HotMilk use the +4 method, which is completely useless - ignore, ignore, ignore grin

Follow the guidelines on the Better Bra Campaign here and measure yourself: if you sew a lot you must have a tape measure to hand!

If you're a good sewer, it'll be a cinch to convert the bras, I promise. Don't even bother looking for nursing bras if you're a 28 back which I'd guess you are, just go straight for a normal one (underwired is fine) and get sewing.

Oh and do come back and tell us what you measure <nosy>

ilovepowerhoop Thu 06-Mar-14 17:11:35

there's no way you will be 32A as that means only 1 inch difference between the under bust and over bust measurements. What are your actual measurements and we can tell you what sizes to try?

WantAnOrange Fri 07-Mar-14 06:24:53

I measured in CM, under bust 71cm and over bust 81 cm. I tried on some in Peacocks yesterday and found a couple that fit nicely in a 32A but obviously they not nursing and not brilliant quality.

ilovepowerhoop Fri 07-Mar-14 06:39:25

Those measurements make you roughly a 28C not a 32A. They have the same cup volume as each other but you will not get the proper under boob support with the larger band size.

Willabywallaby Fri 07-Mar-14 06:43:10

Bravissimo is for the larger cup, so wouldn't be of any use to you. ilove size sounds a bit more realistic.

FrancesGlass Fri 07-Mar-14 07:04:20

Just to pipe in - I've done the better bra campaign thing OP and, honestly, it's not all that comfortable wearing a 30 when you've always worn a 32. It hurts!

If you're for the small chested-small backed, you often just don't need all that much support. I wear crop tops from Gap - they're well made, great for BFing (DS is 13mths and BF), and most importantly, they're comfortable while providing an appropriate amount of support.

I think the whole Better Bra Campaign is great but best suited for those with more norkage than us!

FrancesGlass Fri 07-Mar-14 07:06:56

Btw, my Better Bra measurements are the same as yours and for BFing I wear a medium in the Gap crop bras. There are some online for £9.00 at the moment - I just got a lovely raspberry coloured one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: