Talk

Advanced search

cow and gate reflux and regurgitation formula. anybody used it??

(3 Posts)
lumpylumps Wed 05-Mar-14 12:51:03

Ds3 is now 13 days and we've had real problems with weight gain. He's lost a total of 15oz and we've been re admitted twice. I gave up bf and switched to formula and he's been prescribed gaviscon as one of the reasons for his weight loss was vomiting.

I've just seen that you can buy formula specially formulated for reflux and regurgitation. Does anyone have any experience of this?? Is it worth trying? Would we be able to stop the gaviscon? Or is it just a gimmick??

BettyBoo246 Wed 05-Mar-14 15:40:18

To be honest my ds was diagnosed with silent reflux at 10wks old and the paediatrician told us to stop with the gaviscon as it does nothing but thicken the milk and usually only works for a short period of time, it also severely constipated my ds. I asked about these special milks but apparently they are just thicker and if coupled with gaviscon could be hard for your lo to get through a teat.
Ranitidine however has worked wonders for us.

lumpylumps Wed 05-Mar-14 21:25:35

Thanks Betty I spoke to my mw and she'd never heard of them!! She looked at the ingredients and they contain a couple of extra acids, like the ones in gaviscon so it's either or. I'll stick with the gaviscon. It's free!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now