Talk

Advanced search

Can I take ready made formula on Easyjet flight?

(7 Posts)
tidyupandeatyourgreens Wed 05-Mar-14 09:52:33

The Easyjet website says to just bring the powder and we'll supply the hot water for a bottle feed. However, I would find it easier just to take a ready made 200 ml bottle, pour it into a sterilised bottle and get them to heat it up (in a container with hot water). I'm not sure how they would supply the 'correct' hot water as generally you need to leave the kettle for 30 mins till it gets to 70 degrees and then cool the feed down....not very practical on a flight I would think! I know the issue is getting the ready made formula through security but they also say on their website that the 100ml liquids rule doesn't apply to infant formula. So does anyone have experience and has it been OK? I suppose I could pre order some ready made formula from the Boots at the in flight lounge area but I have some already so seems a bit pointless....We fly at 6pm (hopefully!) and I usually give the feed at about 6.30-6.45pm.

IsItSummerYet Wed 05-Mar-14 09:56:07

I took pre boiled water and tipped the powder in once on the flight. I just had to have a sip of it as we went through.

TwentyFourteen Wed 05-Mar-14 09:56:29

You can take formula made up through security you will have to taste it for them, or just buy a couple of cartons at boots when you get through security. You can also use evian to make up formula powder fwiw!

tidyupandeatyourgreens Wed 05-Mar-14 10:07:37

IsItSummerYet - do you mean just say 4oz of pre-boiled water then topping up with boiling water (say 4oz) on the flight before adding the powder?

I thought you weren't supposed to use bottled water (evian) to make up feeds?

notso Wed 05-Mar-14 10:23:41

We took a couple of cartons and empty bottles, they selected one carton for me to open and try and also some baby food pouches we took.
The security man was laughing because I was gagging!

PixieL Wed 05-Mar-14 10:58:29

Last time we flew I bought some ready made cartons on the airside, once we'd cleared security. If I remember we also bought a box of powder to, which saved space in our hold luggage.

You can phone the Boots (or whatever shop is at the airport you are flying from) to confirm they stock the brand you use, I think some will reserve for you if you ask.

IsItSummerYet Wed 05-Mar-14 20:31:34

I took the whole lot as cooled water - luckily my DC2 would drink milk at room temperature as I learnt (from not doing it with DC1) that it made life easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now