Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mixed feeding - how many calories should I be eating?

(3 Posts)
BraveLilBear Tue 04-Mar-14 17:46:20

Interesting question... I've been ebf DS (7 mo) until started weaning a few weeks ago and I'm returning to work on Monday.

While he's in nursery, he has 1 or 2 bottles of formula (can't express enough and won't be able to at work - I know law but impossible). I'm starting to give him one bottle a day when he's not at nursery to take the edge off my supply.

Here's the question - breastfeeding requires between 300 & 500 extra calories a day (depending on source). How many extra do I need now?

Baby weight is long gone already but my tum has suddenly gone flabby so I need to watch what I eat (and start crunching) - but don't want to effect supply.

tiktok Tue 04-Mar-14 18:26:54

Just eat according to your appetite. All the 'extra calories required' stuff you read are no more than guesses, really, and they're not really related to supply but your own well-being. You will not affect supply at all unless you are literally starving.

BraveLilBear Tue 04-Mar-14 19:08:39

Thanks tiktok - I think it's time to ease off the bacon sarnies and chocolate 'treats' tho! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now