Talk

Advanced search

5 week old EBF baby vomiting/excessively spitting up at 5am

(2 Posts)
mrsvilliers Fri 28-Feb-14 09:18:50

Just that really, has anyone else experienced it? She'll have days when she cluster feeds in the evening, settles around midnight, wakes for a full feed around three then settles again. All fine except I then get woken at around 5 by her vomiting. She doesn't seem overly upset by it but it is quite forceful, I get woken basically by the sound of it splashing onto the sheet. It smells of sour milk and is clear with curdled bits so normal in that respect. She is alert during the day and putting on weight with a good number of wet and dirty nappies. Have HV next week so will see what she says but is it worth going to GP? Or should I just suck it up and buy more sheets/muslins?

It's my second DC, first was also BF but just normal posseting, nothing excessive. Any help/advice gratefully received!

Mogz Fri 28-Feb-14 22:46:29

My dd was bottle fed ebm at that stage and took to projectile vomiting once a day, carried on for two weeks but both the HV and the GP said that if it was only once a day, she was having wet an dirty nappies as normal and putting in weight then it was nothing to worry about. Always worth asking if you're worried though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now