Talk

Advanced search

How many bf a day does your 10/11 month old have?

(6 Posts)
CityDweller Fri 28-Feb-14 08:59:07

DD seems to be dropping feeds at a rate of knots. She's 10.5 mo, and has gone from 6 bf over 24hrs to 3 in about 2 months! She hasn't noticeably upped her solids intake, so I'm just a bit surprised...

I know there's no 'normal' and that babies are excellent at regulating their bm intake, but was just wondering what other similar-aged bf babies were on?

ALittleFaith Fri 28-Feb-14 09:20:02

We mix feed but DD is taking less milk. One BF in the morning, about 7oz FF at 3pm, 7-8oz FF at bedtime. She's 10mo.

CityDweller Fri 28-Feb-14 09:30:42

Thanks faith. DD is on a similar pattern - first thing, mid-afternoon and bedtime.

JRsandCoffee Fri 28-Feb-14 11:55:06

Dropped to first and last thing around that age so only two per day. I've been happy to embrace that as wanted to keep feeding but not on demand through the day. Seems to have worked, still quietly feeding away morning and evening at nearly 16 months and she seems to have forgotten the possibility during the day.

CityDweller Fri 28-Feb-14 20:06:36

You're probably right JR I should embrace her dropping feeds, but it feels too soon/ too quick! I'm keen to carry on bf for as long as possible...

My DD is just 10months now, is still feeding 6/7 times a day, it was dropping but she has had a tummy bug this week and after 2 days of only breast feeding she's started picking up the solids again. I'm happy for her to do this for a bit longer, but expect her to start weaning back down again quite soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now