Talk

Advanced search

Is my two week old feeding too much?

(5 Posts)
GMay30 Sat 22-Feb-14 14:41:34

Hi
He currently has 120 ml of expressed breast milk every 3 to 3 1/2 hours and 120 ml of formula at night (3 times). In the day on my breast milk he now doesn't seem satisfied that he's had enough. If we give him more in the day do u think that'll be too much? Please help, need some advice on this. Thanks x

alwaysneedaholiday Sat 22-Feb-14 14:46:41

I don't think that's too much at all! My DCs would not have gone that long between feeds at 2 weeks. I don't think you can overfeed a BF baby, but perhaps the formula is less easy to digest and more satisfying, so he is used to that feeling at night?

I think I would increase and feed on demand at that age.

GMay30 Sat 22-Feb-14 15:50:49

Thank you. I'm a ftm so it's hard knowing if I'm giving him right amount as online says 90-120 ml for 2-3 weeks x

imissredwine Sat 22-Feb-14 17:06:40

Congratulations!

With bf it's hard to know how much they're getting. Is yours only expressed milk fed? Not that it matters. Im bfing andlike the person above says, you can't give too much.
They're good at regulating and if they have too much they'll stop or spit up a bit.

Don't worry, you're doing great, keep at it

GMay30 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:17:28

Yes I'm expressing, he had a very bad tied tongue so couldn't latch on along with being a lazy feeder and very strong, I just found it really hard. Thank u x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now