Talk

Advanced search

What position for BFing toddler?

(9 Posts)
JacqueslePeacock Fri 21-Feb-14 19:35:07

I still BF my 2.5yo before bed, using the cradle hold, but he is getting too long and heavy for it. Anyone know any other good (and preferably sleep-inducing!) positions for BFing older toddlers?

Manda472 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:39:04

My dd who's nearly 3 will b/f in whatever position she's chooses, even upside sometimes confused. I just go for a cuddle and see how it goes

JacqueslePeacock Fri 21-Feb-14 19:59:24

Hmm...it probably doesn't help that DS is in a sleeping bag already, so he can't really manoeuvre himself. I am finding it difficult to move him over from one side to the other.

weebairn Sat 22-Feb-14 17:55:25

I do it lying down on my side, tummy to tummy.

OneEggIsAnOeuf Sat 22-Feb-14 18:08:12

Yep - lying down in bed is easiest, as there's also no need to move to switch boobs. Also, i don't then have to shift him if he falls asleep on the boob. We still also just about manage to feed with ds lying on a cushion across my lap on the sofa, but not so comfortable.

jaggythistle Sat 22-Feb-14 22:40:48

I do switch sides with my 22 month old in a sleeping bag by sitting him up, and swivelling him round on my knee with his back to me! If I try to lift and turn him it gets too tangly!

Lying down feeding is definitely easier, but I fall asleep too easily, so ends up sitting on a chair with him on a pillow.

jaggythistle Sat 22-Feb-14 22:41:38

Oh, he is kind of enormous for his age. smile

NotCitrus Sat 22-Feb-14 23:15:56

Lying down. Or sitting up, lean back, them sitting up facing you.

IUsedToUseMyHands Sun 23-Feb-14 00:29:50

I lay down beside him in the (very sturdy!) cot! During the day, he feeds standing up, dangling over my shoulder upside down, on top of me lying on the sofa.... He is quite the acrobat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now