Talk

Advanced search

Is this a milk blister?

(10 Posts)
HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 09:19:22

I have had a white, painful spot on my nipple for the last two weeks. I have followed the advice for soaking it and gently scratching the skin away but there doesn't seem to be anything underneath, the white seems to be actually part of the nipple. This is not clear, sorry, but I am a bit flummoxed.

Today it has started to get really painful. I realised that the pain is not going away after a feed, rather it increases. I also had blanching after the last feed which really hurt. It is a shooting pain, going right into the armpit.

Could it be thrush?

HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 17:36:31

a hopeful bump

crikeybadger Wed 19-Feb-14 19:19:49

There's so much going on here Humphrey that it would be difficult to say what's really going on.....
The white spot does sound like a bleb or milk blister, the blanching could indicate a poor latch and pain after feeds ( but in both breasts) could be thrush!

Is there anyone you can see at a support group who would be able to help out?

HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 19:25:24

thanks for the response

the pain is just in the one side with the white spot

it is all too much, I now have a vomiting bug sad argghhhhhhhh

HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 19:26:05

I had blanching when I fed my dd, I have Reynauds so I know that a hot water bottle helps.

HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 19:26:45

sorry, I think I will phone my lactation consultant tomorrow so she can have a look.

crikeybadger Wed 19-Feb-14 19:37:07

Oh no, vomiting bug on top of everything else is not good.

Good idea to ring LC, hope you feel better soon.smilethanks

FastWindow Wed 19-Feb-14 19:40:41

Sorry to derail op but what is blanching? I'm susceptible to reynauds (toes generally but dm has it in fingers too... Hello, future.)

Should add I'm bf. Wouldn't make much sense to ask otherwise grin

HumphreyCobbler Wed 19-Feb-14 20:01:54

blanching is when the nipple goes white and bloodless all on its own after a feed. It is quite painful, you probably would have noticed if it had happened to you.

FastWindow Wed 19-Feb-14 21:58:22

Thanks Humphrey i get a bit of that but not the whole nipple. Every day is a school day on mn, hey?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now