Talk

Advanced search

Owwwwww!

(5 Posts)
TinyTwoTears Wed 19-Feb-14 06:26:50

Bfing DS2, 3 months old. He has just bit me! He was drinking away nicely and suddenly just clamped down really hard on my nipple and his gums are really sharp shock

Why would he do that? Ow, ow, OW!!!

mrscog Wed 19-Feb-14 06:30:45

Teething? A good tip someone gave me when I was BF was if they bite, although your instinctive reaction is to pull away, it actually softens the bite if you pull them in closer.

TinyTwoTears Wed 19-Feb-14 06:36:24

Do they start teething that early? He has been dribbling a lot. Hmmm.

Yes I did pull away sharpish! Not sure I could go against my base instinct of yanking him off but will give it a go as he did it last night as well. And on the same side.

mrscog Wed 19-Feb-14 08:03:21

Yes, I think 3 months is a classic time for the teeth to start moving around for them - even if they don't start to appear for a few more months.

Try and pull in close, and then get your little finger in the corner of his mouth to unlatch quickly - it's hard though! I fed DS until he was 20 months and towards the end I got a couple of bites when he had 14 teeth!! Strangely though this didn't hurt as much as those early gum bites.

Good luck smile

Havinganose Thu 20-Feb-14 13:02:55

My experience is that he only bites if he's not hungry enough . If you're unsure - some teething gel on gums before feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now