Talk

Advanced search

Can I use water from boiling tap to make up bottles?

(9 Posts)
littleomar Sun 16-Feb-14 09:53:27

We've got a hot hot tap that we use for tea etc. it's not actually boiling, water comes out at about 80c. Can I use it to make up bottles of formula?

IWantToSCRRREAM Sun 16-Feb-14 09:56:44

Water has to be over 70 degrees, so if it's 80, it should be fine. Are you sure it's 80 though?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 16-Feb-14 09:57:22

the water needs to be over 70 degrees for formula so if the tap is at 80 degrees then that should be fine. The issue is with bacteria in the formula rather than in the water.

littleomar Sun 16-Feb-14 10:11:59

Yep I just measured it! Thanks both

MissRatty Sun 16-Feb-14 15:09:37

An email I has from Aptamil said the water had to be between 70 and 80 degrees, so perfect! Lucky thing...no faffing!

glorious Sun 16-Feb-14 18:05:56

The one thing I did read in an nhs leaflet was not to use water that has been boiled multiple times (I guess it would concentrate the salts). So I think it would depend how your boiler tap works smile

islingtongirl Sun 16-Feb-14 19:06:18

Hey littleomar - is it a quooker? We have one too and I was wondering the same

littleomar Mon 17-Feb-14 10:44:19

it's an insinkerator one not a qooker. good point about the multiple boiling - I've no idea how it works although I think it is filtered first. back to the pans until I email them I guess...

littleomar Mon 17-Feb-14 10:51:11

...but just realised we've been using water from the hot tap and bringing it up to boiling, so they've already had it. confused now. bottles are such a PITA!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now