Talk

Advanced search

Colic

(4 Posts)
comfyonesie2 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:08:47

My DD is 5 days old and the last two nights since my milk came in she is screaming from 6pm (last night it went on til 12pm and today shows no sign of stopping yet). It's a classic colic pattern, screaming and drawing legs up then passing wind on and off. She is DC3 and my DS1 had the same and we just had to ride it out until 4 months blush. I really don't want to go though it again! I have bought some infacol this morning which I have given her before each feed today. Does anyone have any other advice? She is EBF, but won't latch on when she's in a screaming phase, but feeds well otherwise. Help please!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Feb-14 15:41:24

How are you getting on now comfy? What does the mw say? Have you rung one of the Bfing Helplines?

My DS was very much like this and it turned out to be tongue tie. Might be worth getting Lo checked smile

comfyonesie2 Mon 17-Feb-14 20:47:57

MW wasn't very helpful, said there is no evidence infacol helps (but I'm going to persevere for a few days) and it may pass once she gets used to milk in her tummy. I have started to put her in a ring sling when she screams with her legs bunched up in a froggy position and that seems to really help. I will have a look at those links, thank you. I don't think it's TT as latch seems good, but worth checking.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Feb-14 20:56:31

It is worth getting it checked, if only to rule it out. My DS had a good latch and I never even had a sore nipple but it turned out he had tongue tie and upper lip tie.

Glad the sling seems to be working. Could DS wear it for a bit while you get some rest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now