Talk

Advanced search

Colic Relief.....pleeease!!

(4 Posts)
MummyWolf79 Sat 15-Feb-14 05:22:34

DS is 8 weeks and FF. For about 5 weeks he has been suffering with bad Colic. He hardly burps despite 30 min winding sessions and farts all the time, sometimes like a grown man!! Most of the time he seems to be struggling to fart and wakes up crying in the night with belly ache, and strains so hard to pass the wind. I did wonder if he was constipated, but poos are fine and GP has assured me this is not the issue, and it is definitely Colic. I have tried Infacol and Dentinox, both of which made him scream like I was torturing him! He has been on Colief for the last 2-3 weeks and seems a little better but is still struggling to pass wind and burp and is hardly sleeping. Before all this he was feeding every 4 hours taking regular amounts and going 4-6 hours through the night and settling back down straight after a feed. Now its every 2-3 hours at night, feeding irregular amounts, and taking 30-40 mins to settle again. Is it time to try comfort milk? How do I know which is the right one? Help me!!!!!

Vixjane Sat 15-Feb-14 08:41:03

Hi, we have the same problem. We switched to the comfort milk of the brand we are already using (c&g), we changed his bottles to the mam anti colic ones (we were using avent anti colic but they didn't seem to help much). We combi feed so we use colief in the expressed breastmilk but we don't use it in the comfort formula as this has already had the lactose broken down in it so it won't improve it ny further. There hasalready been a major improvement! Hth x

hazchem Sat 15-Feb-14 10:31:14

I've not gone through it but I have read arecently that it might be useful to give probiotics. this is blog talking about it. Hope things get easier for you soon.

GingerMaman Sat 15-Feb-14 10:33:45

I think you should definitely try a different formula, and see if it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now