Talk

Advanced search

Driving me mad!!! Help!

(8 Posts)
Lj8893 Fri 14-Feb-14 16:47:05

Dd is 16 weeks, she is ff.

We moved her up to the stage 2 teats at about 11 weeks and she has been feeding really lovely, every 3 hours or so. With only one feed at night.

This last week she has been really whingey, and constantly giving hunger signs but when I feed her she doesn't take the bottle. She wil take it eventually, obviously when she actually is hungry, but in the meantime what is wrong with her?

Nothing stops her whinges apart from pushing her in a pram or me singing to her. I can't do either of those all day!

I'm starting to lose my mind abit!

tiktok Fri 14-Feb-14 17:10:00

Sounds like one of those developmental phases babies go through when they need to be close and comforted - it's great you have two excellent strategies that work (the no doubt bee-yoo-ti-fool singing and the movement in the pram).

Meeting babies' needs for extra contact and reassurance as you are doing means they get out of these stages more quickly, as their trust and confidence in your presence grows and helps build their resiliance.

It will pass pretty soon.

smile

AnythingNotEverything Fri 14-Feb-14 17:14:36

DD is 16 weeks too. I feel your pain.

The whinginess in our house has led to extra time in the sling and a circuits type set up, so we've from playmat to bumbo to jumparoo to bouncy chair. I can't be out of sight for more than three seconds and spend all day singing.

She's instantly fine when say in my knee watching everyone else. It's a bit like having a newborn again.

I'm taking it as a sign to cuddle her more and do more "stuff" with her as that's what makes her happy. No one will notice if I don't sweep the floor today smile

anothernumberone Fri 14-Feb-14 17:16:24

Yep sleep regression. It will pass. No fun though I think there is a support thread here.

Lj8893 Fri 14-Feb-14 17:28:54

Yep anything that sounds exactly it! What's sleep regression? Her sleep hasent really changed tbh.

Thanks all, glad to hear it will pass soon!

anothernumberone Fri 14-Feb-14 19:43:38

It is where baby is taking a developmental leap and sleep goes to pot in a nutshell.

Lj8893 Fri 14-Feb-14 19:50:12

Oh I don't think its that as her sleep pattern hasent really changed.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 14-Feb-14 19:53:18

Our sleep hasn't changed either but best not shout about that! Others' babies are suddenly waking every hour in the night all of a sudden.

Are you on the October 2013 postnatal thread? Lots of friendly folk there, and we have a private group on Facebook too. Lots of support there from mums going through the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now