Talk

Advanced search

Bottle fed baby crying during feeds

(8 Posts)
Felix90 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:07:20

My dd is 7 weeks old and is bottle fed formula. Recently, ive been struggling to feed her as she starts crying and thrashing her arms and legs around during feeds. She does this about 50% of the time and the other times she feeds normally. It's very frustrating as she will cry/scream and thrash around and then suck enthusiastically for a few seconds then cry again. We have Avent bottles and she's on the stage 2 teats so I don't think it's an issue with the milk not flowing fast enough. I can't work out what is wrong with her sad

Any ideas?

Pointeshoes Fri 14-Feb-14 10:13:51

Could be reflux or wind , go to doctors.

tiktok Fri 14-Feb-14 10:15:18

Ideas:

* she needs to burp
* she just wants a rest and a change of position (possibly to help the burp)
* the teat is too fast for her

Hope it gets sorted.

Yobo Fri 14-Feb-14 10:16:46

Sounds like reflux or an allergy to me, my DD had the same problem and was diagnosed with a throat infection, reflux and then finally a dairy allergy. Make sure doctor goes through symptoms thoroughly with you and best of luck.

Felix90 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:53:36

Thank you. We have a check up on Monday at the doctors so will speak to the GP. Wasn't sure if I'd sound stupid asking the GP about it!

givemeaclue Fri 14-Feb-14 10:55:51

Reflux

MummyWolf79 Sat 15-Feb-14 05:32:27

We are having the same problem at the moment. GP says its Colic, HV seems to agree. You have the best idea though, speak to GP - if it carries on dont be afraid to go back and/or speak to HV. Good luck!! x

Vixjane Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:42

We've just changed from avent bottles to mam to help with feeding issues (colic and wind). Will never use anotger bottle again now, they're brill! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now