Talk

Advanced search

throwing up after feds - ff 6 months

(3 Posts)
purplemurple1 Thu 13-Feb-14 05:20:06

My ds has always been prone to bringing up part of his feed, so we have got use to keeping him still for 20 Min after each feed. But this is still a problem at 6 month's and he is getting more mobile so harder to keep calm and still. Also it's extended to bring up solids yesterday which is new (we were out so had to move around during the feed) but maybe we are so use to keeping him still we just hadn't noticed before.

Is this normal or should we be raising it with the doctor?

Is is gaining weight well and otherwise a happy kid.

Although he does always clamour / cry for food when he sees it although never crys beforehand iykwim.

purplemurple1 Thu 13-Feb-14 18:08:11

Bump

Americanhoney Thu 13-Feb-14 18:31:31

Our DD would vomit quite a lot until there was nothing left from around 5-8months when I started introducing different foods. Broccoli and products with dairy (we introduced milk formula at this age and regularly mixed it up with solids) were worst offenders. Took her to see consultant and he diagnosed her with some sort of intolerance to certain proteins (even though broccoli is not protein!). She had the full range if prick tests and blood tests and he concluded that she didn't have a "typical" allergy. I don't remember name off-hand as I am commuting right now, sorry. She thankfully grew out of it but maybe make a note of the foods that cause this and when it happens to see what the pattern is. We introduced new foods at home (and in tiny quantities) only and usually stayed at home for up to a couple of hours (as that was how long it could take before she vomited) after introducing the new food. I would definitely see a GP. I hope you find an answer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now