Talk

Advanced search

Just curious - how many night feeds do others do?

(6 Posts)
Expectans Wed 12-Feb-14 05:37:44

7wo EBF LO is feeding at 8pm, 2am, and half a feed at 5am, then waking at 8.

Also, I read that if they only take half a feed they did not really need it and would have gone back to sleep if left to cresettle. Is this true in your experience?

Sunnydaze1982 Wed 12-Feb-14 07:07:30

Hello

This sounds like the pattern both mine followed. You'll probably find your lo will drop the 5am feed in a few weeks and the 2am will become a little later, maybe 4am ish.

Sounds like your lo is on the right track and for 7 weeks is a great sleeper!

LazyMachine Wed 12-Feb-14 07:28:27

Well, at 1 year old my DS is feeding at bedtime (6.00-6.30pm), again at 10.30-11.00pm, again at 2.30-3.00am and then wakes for the day around 6.30am, when he has his morning feed. So, basically, about every 4 hours - same as when he was 6 months old.

Many people have told me over and over that he doesn't need these BFs, but he obviously does as they are full, proper feeds. (Luckily he's always been an efficient eater so it takes less than 15 minutes for both sides and he's back in the cot, ready to resettle himself.) He's incredibly active - was an early walker, etc.

I suspect he's in a perpetual growth spurt as he's 91st for height but only 25th for weight or perhaps he has the smallest stomach and fastest metabolism ever!

It's good to get an idea of what others' DC are doing but it's also good to remember that each child is an individual, so yours will have their own pattern.

Jo1984uk Wed 12-Feb-14 08:12:29

My dd is 10 months. This is a typical night...
6.30/ 7pm feed and sleep, followed by feeds at:
10.00pm
12.00am
2.00am
3.45am
4.45am
Up at 6am

Still waiting for her to start dropping night feeds smile

She slept through until 4 months so I know she can do it! She's still in my room though next to me, I'm hoping once she's in her own room she might wake less frequently. I think the first feed (10pm) is a 'hungry feed' but the rest are more for comfort.

ContemplatingInfinity Wed 12-Feb-14 08:17:47

I'm in a similar position to you Jo - bed at 7, feed at 10.30ish, then 1.30, 4.30 and up about 7. He's five months old. He too slept through from 8 to 17 weeks - seems like a distant memory now!

snowqu33n Wed 12-Feb-14 08:25:37

8 week old DS, cluster feeds in the evening sometime betw. 5 and 8pm then expressed bottle about 10pm, feeds again about 2am, then again about 5, if he waits till 5.30am or later we just get up anyway cos DH has to be up at 6am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now