Talk

Advanced search

1 poop a week? sometimes longer ..

(5 Posts)
reyhansmummy Mon 10-Feb-14 18:19:53

Hi all,

I was just wondering how often a ebf baby should poop? my ds is 7 months old and only poops once a week, sometimes longer (wk and half) is this normal? and when he does it is not a solid poo, yellow n sloppy and theres so much of it, it leeks all out nappy and over his out fit, SORRY TMI I KNOW! I'm just wondering if this is normal or is he constipated?

Thank you blush

Jennyl131 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:14:28

I had this with ds3 (ebf) when he was around 5/6 months. And yes, when he did go it was a veritable poonami, no nappy in the world could contain it!

Think the longest gap we had was 11 days, mentioned it to the hv, who wasn't concerned as long as I didn't think he was constipated - omg definitely not...

Made going out and about a bit of a lottery once you knew he hadn't "been" for a few days.

Is your dc on solids at all yet? At 10 months and now on 3 meals a day ds is definitely more regular - 1-3 dirty nappies a day.

PMTIsMe Mon 10-Feb-14 19:16:39

Over 2 weeks was our longest...bit of an explosion, but not as bad as I had feared. BF babies can go ages without going apparently!

Elderberri Mon 10-Feb-14 19:17:57

Hello, Hello.

My DS2 was a regular 10 dayer when he was EBF. He did not start solids till 9 months.

Then he became a witholder...whole other nightmare...but all fine now.

When we got to crisis point we would give a neat teaspoon of orange juice, worked every time. Oh this was on hv advice.

But this was when he was on milk only. Then he went to every 6 days on food.

Never hard poos, never in pain.

Elderberri Mon 10-Feb-14 19:19:24

LOL...how I remeber the joy of actual poo. I would actually look at it for ages.

I would examine nappies for every tiny skid that might hint it might come.

I got really stressed at day 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now