Talk

Advanced search

Cutting down breastfeeding and migraines

(3 Posts)
WinterHasRuinedMyFace Mon 10-Feb-14 08:40:01

My dd is 6 months, and I am trying to introduce formula milk and stop bf in the day (but continue first thing, evening and overnight as long as necessary/I can).

I have been making the switch very slowly... One single serve carton across two days to begin with (for about a week), then this week I gave her a whole carton (across 2 feeds) in one day. The following day I had a migraine hmm.

Is it likely that the migraine and reduction in bf are related? I have suffered from migraines in the past, but usually related to caffeine (or lack of), and I have discounted that as a cause this time round.

If the two are related, what can I do to reduce the risk of another migraine as the amount I bf reduces?

Any advice gratefully received!

WinterHasRuinedMyFace Mon 10-Feb-14 12:22:08

Bump. Anyone know if there's a link and what might help?

SydneyB Mon 10-Feb-14 12:27:26

I suffer from migraines, but in both my pregnancies they completely stopped right up until I STOPPED breastfeeding. Then they were back like normal! So, obviously hormone related for me, might be the same for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now