Talk

Advanced search

how do you keep your pump sterile?

(9 Posts)
Frusso Sun 09-Feb-14 13:52:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stargirl1701 Sun 09-Feb-14 13:53:31

Store all the parts in the fridge you put the breastmilk in. No need to sterilise in between.

Frusso Sun 09-Feb-14 13:55:56

CityDweller Sun 09-Feb-14 15:51:20

I do what stargirl does and it works a treat! It's massively cut down in the faff-factor of pumping at work. I just make sure to wash thoroughly each evening in very hot soapy water and I usually sterilise each night too.

Frusso Sun 09-Feb-14 15:56:36

CityDweller Sun 09-Feb-14 16:07:27

I just stick in fridge as is.

Frusso Sun 09-Feb-14 16:11:14

CityDweller Sun 09-Feb-14 17:25:32

No problem. And I can tell you what lowered my faff level another 50% (at least) - investing in a decent double-pump and a bustier-type thingy so I can pump what I need in 2 x 20min hands-free sessions at work.

Honestly - I despaired after my first day back at work when DD was 8.5 mo and I spent 90 minutes of my already too-busy day single-pumping, sitting there holding funnel-to-boob while trying to type with one hand. After nearly crying when my mum suggested switching to formula, I realised I owed it to myself, and all the months of bloody hard work I put in at the beginning to get it right, to give pumping my best shot. I bought one of these and one of these and haven't looked back!

Good luck...

Frusso Sun 09-Feb-14 18:05:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now