Talk

Advanced search

Need some hand-holding

(5 Posts)
weebairn Sun 09-Feb-14 08:47:42

A bit fed up with breastfeeding. 7 weeks pregnant. DD doesn't seem to have noticed but I am sick as a dog and shattered and feeding is a bit grim. I just feel nauseous and tired and it doesn't seem to help. She isn't too demanding, we just do morning and bedtime. I feel like just saying no more and letting her dad put her to bed.

But I don't think I want to give up, I think I'm just tired. Tell me this bit passes.

Next week I am working three long shifts and so will miss her bedtime 3 times in a row. I keep thinking this coupled with pregnancy might make her wean herself. This makes me want to burst into tears.

She is 16 months. I have no idea how much longer I want to carry on for, but I'd be sad if I gave up now feeling so grim about it all, I'd rather stop on a positive note. We've been lucky and had a really easy, happy time of breastfeeding.

I'm not opposed to, or planning to, tandem feed, just see how things go I guess.

Any experiences of feeding in early pregnancy or just a bit of encouragement??

Twinsplusonesurprise Sun 09-Feb-14 18:44:34

Have a hand.
But I've no exp sorry. I think BF til 16mo is amazing well done. I stopped at 6weeks with twins and have just stopped with DS who is 4mo. I would say do what will suit you best. Your DD has had so much from you now a d with another one on the way I think you'd be a saint to continue. Having said that it IS an emotional wrench and with your hormone levels so high I expect you'll find it upsetting for a bit. Good luck whatever you decide.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 09-Feb-14 22:48:58

No advice sorry but have a hand to hold from me too.

Congratulations on the pg thanks

weebairn Tue 11-Feb-14 07:20:07

Thanks both. Been a little easier last couple of days and still liking the cuddle. This morning she wanted to get up at 5.30 but happily fed for half an hour so I could doze instead. I'm sure this is bad parenting but it was just what a tired preggers girl needed… so there are good sides to it too!

Thanks for congrats Jilted, I am thrilled, just tired.

redcaryellowcar Tue 11-Feb-14 07:36:00

i am not an expert, but think the advice is don't offer, don't refuse, if you are trying to wean? my ds stopped after missing a couple of evening feeds due to illness and evening trips to hospital, he was 18m, think in your situation i would not worry about the feeds when you are not there, but offer when you are, i started giving ds a slice of cheddar on an oatcake or i have heard a small banana is quite a nice pre bed snack? (must mention i have never managed to persuade ds to drink cows milk!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now