Talk

Advanced search

Daytime feeding-really need help

(4 Posts)
Haribolover Sun 09-Feb-14 05:02:20

Dad is 10 weeks and I really really don't want to give up bf but am getting towards breaking point. During the whole day she won't go more than 1-2hrs without a feed. If we go out in the car or buggy can happily go 3+ hrs. When in the house it is just constant demands for food and nothing will placate her. Partly I think because can smell milk from me but even if DH has her in a separate room she'll also scream for it.

Going to any classes is a no no as she just screams for milk. Massage lasted about 10mins and spent rest of the classes feeding her to keep her quiet, even though she'd had decent feeds less than an hour before.

I can't go on feeding this often during the day. It seems she can go longer if we are not in the house. I just spend days with her either feeding or screaming at me for food. I can't cuddle her as she just roots for food even if just fed.

I love my bf support group and it's a big reason I don't want to give up as it's my once a week sanity to meet and chat to other mums. I also do to want to give formula and gave to sterilise,etc and she has never had a bottle so may not even take it.

QuietNinjaTardis Sun 09-Feb-14 06:18:07

Could she be having a growth spurt? Dd is 9 weeks and was feeding every 2 hours or less yesterday. I just went with it. They're still really little with small stomachs at this stage. I don't really know what to suggest except keep at it. Do you have older children to entertain?
I'm sure someone with more advice will be along soon.

naty1 Sun 09-Feb-14 12:51:45

We found a baby swing useful for about 40 mins at a time would also send mine to sleep.
I never tried but maybe a sling?

anothernumberone Sun 09-Feb-14 12:54:09

Has she been checked properly for tt this examination demands a gloved physical exam from an experienced lactation consultant. Often gps and HV give incorrect diagnosis. Very commonly tt babies are inefficient feeders and need to feed more often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now