Talk

Advanced search

Weaning or nursing strike?

(3 Posts)
PurplePidjin Sat 08-Feb-14 18:29:11

DS is 15 months. He's down to one feed a day at bedtime, his choice. The last few nights he's come off the boob and cried - well, shouted, he's not hysterical and it lasts a matter of minutes - before settling to sleep. This mirrors his nap behaviour.

I'm on my second period since he was born, the first was a month ago and while he got a bit fussy he fed well again within a day or two.

I'll stop when he's ready, but is he? I don't want to start a new bedtime routine if he still wants milk, but for the last 3 days he's been asleep by 5:30 because normally he'd feed for 20 minutes! Help, please thanks

Twinsplusonesurprise Sat 08-Feb-14 23:12:48

Would you consider offering a cup of warm milk instead? If he wants to stop BF at least you'll know he's having some warmth before bed And maybe give him a cuddle and story? As you say 5.30om is quite early for bedtime Abs is be worried about night or early waking.

PurplePidjin Sun 09-Feb-14 03:27:15

Yeah, I'll do warm cows milk etc if needed no problem smile just need to establish if that's what he's after! He normally wakes for a nappy anyway and self settles (like now) then sleeps till 6'30-8:30 - he's just started walking everywhere so epic sleeping, for now anyhow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now