Talk

Advanced search

Sicknessbug

(7 Posts)
namegame2 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:12:27

Hi I am BF my 9 month old and had terrible sickness and diarrhea for 3 days now. Baby very clingy and wanting to feed all the time. I am trying to take fluids down but very little is staying down. Husband has tried giving a bottle but baby just screams. Is content on breast but I am not sure how much she is getting. she is still having wet nappies but not quite as saturated as they were (she is generally a heavy wetter)
any advice?

Sunflower1985 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:19:10

Had this bug a few weeks ago and it was hell, so sympathise. My supply did drop for a few days but bounced back quickly.
I hope you get rid of it soon and your lo stays ok.

namegame2 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:22:36

how long did it last?

helebear Fri 07-Feb-14 22:45:12

I had a horrible bug when dd2 was about 3 months, probably norovirus. Breastfeeding while puking into a bucket was really grim so I feel for you. Dd2 got it too so was puking everywhere too. Dr prescribed us both dioralyte (unflavoured for dd), which did make me feel slightly better but it was a total joke trying to get a 3 month old bottle refuser to take it. I think we got a few teaspoons into her. I seem to remember dr saying that if she still had wet nappies and was alert and feeding she was ok. I felt utterly depleted for about a week and lost about half a stone but my supply never dried up and bounced back as soon as I was eating and drinking again.

naty1 Fri 07-Feb-14 23:10:22

Thats a long time to have a bug.
Hope you feel better soon and baby doesnt catch due to bf.
Have you given baby extra solids and water.

namegame2 Sat 08-Feb-14 00:51:27

she has taken some solids and quite a lot of water but mostly wants to be BF at the moment

thanks for replies everyone

Justgotosleepnow Sat 08-Feb-14 00:59:51

Hi I've bf through proper flu.
I was similarly worried.
Nurse practitioner said as long as baby is latching & feeding & weeing ok then baby is fine. You may well feel like death though! Keep drinking water and taking diaoralyte and you can ride it out.
Good luck, hope you feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now