Talk

Advanced search

tommee tippee breast pump

(14 Posts)
MadameJ Fri 07-Feb-14 14:02:00

Have just brought a manual tt breast pump. The milk doesn't go into the bottle and is just building up in the top part. There is a plug thing inbetween but the milk doesn't seem to be able to go through. Any body any ideas??

MadameJ Fri 07-Feb-14 14:32:11

Ignore that, for some reason there was no hole in the valve part but there was in the included spare one hmm

PorkPieandPickle Fri 07-Feb-14 22:23:58

I had exactly the same problem with mine!! They must have made a faulty batch!!

SlinkyB Fri 07-Feb-14 22:29:14

Same here! Was it half price in Tesco by any chance? I just pulled the plastic valve bit off mine and it worked.

Madratlady Fri 07-Feb-14 22:40:28

The tommee tippee manual pump is rubbish in my experience, I gave up and bought a different one. I am pumping about 6 times a day though so it might be ok for occasional use.

PorkPieandPickle Fri 07-Feb-14 23:00:49

Mine was cheap in the baby/toddler event at asda

Works fine without the blocked valve on smile

lovesteaandcake Sat 08-Feb-14 21:29:22

I think I remember my one doing the same thing. I used the electric one for all my expressing. It wasn't until I was stopping feeding that I used the manual one to just help with the engorgement. My poor hands couldn't handle doing a full bottle!

BELewis Sun 09-Feb-14 21:28:56

I have the Tommee Tippee manual pump and I'm really struggling with it. I cant seem to express more than 4oz , my hands really hurt and it leaks out onto my boobs while pumping. Can anyone recommend a good electric pump?

BrianButterfield Sun 09-Feb-14 21:30:19

That happened with my pump - the valve had a hole but I needed to squeeze it to open it up.

anothernumberone Sun 09-Feb-14 21:30:52

I found it fantastic but I have loads of practice with pumps so maybe that helped. It was my favourite pump over 3 medelas, an avent manual and it. Like I said loads of practice.

TeaandHobnobs Sun 09-Feb-14 21:33:14

BELewis I would recommend Ameda Lactaline - fairly pricey (>£100) but so so worth it IMO if you are going to be expressing frequently. I bought one when I just couldn't cope with using the TT manual for expressing for prem DS in SCBU.

BELewis Mon 10-Feb-14 23:05:06

Thank you. I have opted for the Ameda Lactaline. Just hope I get on with it better than the TT manual smile and can use it for baby no2 when we decide to have another so will definitely get my moneys worth smile

dannydyerismydad Mon 10-Feb-14 23:07:36

4oz is good. Don't compare what you pump with what a bottle fed baby takes. Formula has a lot more volume than breast milk.

BELewis Tue 11-Feb-14 08:46:55

4oz isn't enough for her. If I give her that I have to top her up on the boob anyway so it's pointless really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now