Talk

Advanced search

Still sore a week after stopping bf

(6 Posts)
Piecesof8 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:30:12

My breasts are still lumpy and sore nearly a week after stopping bf my 13 month old. When i stopped with DD1 I remember 2 or 3 days of pain and lumpiness but then it went away. I don't feel ill or anything but the last two days they don't seem to have got any better. Is that normal and is there anything I can do?

Piecesof8 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:18:33

Bump - anyone? I don't have any redness on them but they are so sore. Surely they should be better by now? Am getting paranoid about mastitis as well now although I don't have a temp. I feel sick for some reason but no temp or other symptoms.

Hoping someone will read and be able to reassure me!

NickyEds Thu 06-Feb-14 16:30:59

Don't know a huge amount about it but when I was in a panic about my supply MW said it could be days ,could be weeks until it totally dried up.I also I read a thread on MN about ladies who could get a drop of milk out months after giving up BF(!) If you're worried I'd try HV of BF helpline. Maybe NHS direct? If they're still hurting or it gets worse- GP

Piecesof8 Thu 06-Feb-14 17:19:57

Thanks for your reply. I just did a search on mn after you said that and found the thread. Blimey I had no idea it could take that long. Just phoned hv too who suggested massaging them. Will try that....but ouch.

dickiedoodah Thu 06-Feb-14 19:05:45

Just wanted to say that I recently stopped feeding my 16 month old and it took a good three weeks for my boobs to return to normal. Like you I thought it would be quicker. I did notice a dramatic difference after a week, the full feeling started to go.

Piecesof8 Sat 08-Feb-14 13:14:34

Thanks for your reply, it was reassuring and today they are finally deflating! Massage and cabbage leaves seemed to help but maybe would have improved by now anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now