Talk

Advanced search

Advice on switching gradually to more FFs

(3 Posts)
SmallBee Wed 05-Feb-14 14:09:59

My DD is EBF except for her 11pm bottle of formula. For various reasons I'd like to move her on to another bottle in the day, then two more & so on. I don't want to cut out BF completely I just want to cut down.
Has anyone for advice on which feeds are best to start with?
I have also found that while she'll happily take a bottle from others she's not often willing to from me, has anyone got any tips or tricks on this?

Serendipitous80 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:56:33

Hello, I'm no expert by any means. When I did this, I started with the lunchtime bottle and then gradually upped it over time. I'm not sure if this is best, but my baby was always very hungry then and she wasn't getting as much as she wanted. Perhaps you could work out when she is hungriest and start from there. She may also be more likely to take the bottle then?
She's used to being breastfed by you so I think it's pretty normal for babies to be reluctant to take a bottle.

Before I started with formula I expressed a bit of milk and she got used to this before I started in the formula. Hope this helps.

Confuddledmuchly Wed 05-Feb-14 23:37:32

Of course she won't want to take a bottle from you, you have the good stuff she wants! You'll have to persevere there, cutting down gradually is the way to go to avoid you getting engorged/clogged up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now