Talk

Advanced search

It's hurting to feed :-(

(11 Posts)
Tilly2014 Tue 04-Feb-14 23:14:37

Hi, can anyone help? The last coue of days I have struggled to BF my 12 month old. It 's really painful and I just don't know what's going on. Someone suggested nursing aversion but I don't know much about this - problem isn't emotional, prelu physical. I just don't feel right - bit tearful and sore when feeding, no other symptoms. Can anyone shed any light?

Thank you xx

Tilly2014 Wed 05-Feb-14 03:31:22

Bump

Notafoodbabyanymore Wed 05-Feb-14 03:36:11

You're not pregnant are you? Sympathies here, I'm a bit sore feeding dd2 (9 months), but sometimes this happens for a few days for me, then I'll be fine again.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Wed 05-Feb-14 04:02:19

I sometimes feel sore nursing my 19 month old just before my period and when he has teeth coming through. Could that be the case for you?

Tilly2014 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:39:27

Thank you for posting. My period is due Sunday and this is only my third cycle since dd's birth last year. Perhaps this is just my hormones ramping up? Dd isn't teething at mo and has already learnt not to bite with her existing 6 teeth - so I don't think this is what it is. I think I 'be ruled out nursing aversion as it's physical pain. I think I'll wait until after period and if still painful see GP. The other symptom is period pain this morning!!

Thanks all xx

Tilly2014 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:56:53

Thank you for all the tips - it turns out I'm pregnant! Boobs still sore but determined to carry on BF'ing. Over the moon with the news xx

RockCrushesLizard Mon 10-Feb-14 23:04:07

Congratulations!
What a lovely surprise.

smile

Notafoodbabyanymore Tue 11-Feb-14 01:59:04

Yay! I wondered if that could be it. Congratulations, lovely news.

Notafoodbabyanymore Tue 11-Feb-14 02:00:39

(Now wondering if that's why mine are sore - it's gone on for a bit longer than usual this time. Shit!)

Tilly2014 Tue 11-Feb-14 05:12:45

Do you have a test in the house?! Thank you for the congrats! Xx

Notafoodbabyanymore Thu 13-Feb-14 22:30:23

Went to test on Wednesday, and had just started my period! First one back since before I was pregnant, explains a lot, hey. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now