Talk

Advanced search

Can this really be long enough

(6 Posts)
MadameJ Tue 04-Feb-14 16:04:27

Dd2 is 7.5 months and ebf, she started solids about a month ago and is offered food usually twice a day.

For the past week she has massively decreased how often she wants feeding and on average only feeds for 3/4 minutes every three hours, she has a longer feed before bed and feeds at least twice during the night.

My first dd would spend hours on the breast so this is all quite alien to me.
Can someone reassure me that she is getting what she needs in such a short space of time??

bumpertobumper Tue 04-Feb-14 17:32:19

DS2 used to feed very quickly at that age. I remember having those same concerns. but he wasn't hungry, still growing, and my breast felt drained. I think he just had a good strong suck, got the job done and back to investigating the world...

MadameJ Tue 04-Feb-14 17:57:24

Thanks for that, it's just hard to imagine how much they actually eat during this time!

Yes it's definitely normal at this age smile Don't worry!

duende Tue 04-Feb-14 22:41:47

My DD has been feeding like this for at least 2 months. She's now 6 mo. I keep worrying but she's on 91 centile, chubby and healthy. She's just quick and not interested in comfort feeding.
She does feed a few times in the night unfortunately.

MadameJ Wed 05-Feb-14 10:03:16

I do think there is an element of distraction going on when my 3 yo dd is about as she fed 5 poxy times last night!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now