Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly cut down breastfeeds at 21 weeks

(5 Posts)
IcouldstillbeJoseph Sun 30-Jun-13 13:37:52

I only fed DS for 7 weeks so now DD is 21 weeks and still BF I'm in unchartered territory.
DD is not poorly at all - still having plenty of wet and dirty nappies etc but has suddenly just stopped feeding as much.
I must admit that I did offer the breast as a panacea for all gripes so probably was 'feeding' when she wasn't hungry but she's really not demanding it much anymore.
I'm not entirely complaining - just wondered if its normal at this age? I thought they got hungrier not less??

<still waking in night though, of course, sigh>

BumgrapesofWrath Sun 30-Jun-13 13:47:04

Actually this has happened with DS2 so watching with interest

DoodleAlley Sun 30-Jun-13 14:19:35

DD is 12 weeks and suddenly feeding less. She is still weeing and pooing so not too concerned about dehydration but worried she won't be gaining weight as needed.

IcouldstillbeJoseph Sun 30-Jun-13 14:23:17

Yes, I thought the same about weight gain. Luckily I've just had her weighed so I can avoid clinic for a few months weeks now

minipie Sun 30-Jun-13 17:17:00

Two possibilities jump to mind - 1 she has got more efficient at feeding and can get all she needs in fewer feeds. 2 she is at a very distractible age and is more interested in looking at the world than feeding! or a combination of both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: