Talk

Advanced search

How much fluid should an 8 month old have? (sorry, long!)

(3 Posts)
nervousmum Mon 29-May-06 20:29:30

Up until a fortnight ago, my 8 month old son was breastfed and had one 'supplimentary' 150ml bottle of formula a day. Now he is totally formula fed (Farleys Second Milk), and i am giving him 3 x 8 fluid oz a day (750 mls), and he usually has one 200 ml bottle of really dilute juice or water as well. Today, and he did this a few days ago as well, he's had 850mls formula and 400mls juice and water and i'm worried it's too much, although i'm sure i read somewhere that babies will only take in what they actually need. I'm sure i'm worrying for nothing, it's just that where i've exclusively breastfed him for so long, i haven't got a clue as to how much babies should have! Any ideas? Is there actually a definitive answer? I wouls ask my HV but she's a nightmare to get hold of, and useless when i do! Thanks, NM x
(incidentally, he's been off his food for the last few days. I think he's teething)

nervousmum Tue 30-May-06 08:33:38

anyone?

leavehimalone Tue 30-May-06 09:17:17

Sorry NM, no idea, but bump.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: