Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10mo used to sleep through - is now up all night & won't go down

(4 Posts)
absandme Fri 14-Jun-13 06:18:58

dd used to sleep through 11-12hours.
For the last couple of months she has only slept through a few times.
The last month has been quite consistent - Most nights....
I put her in sleeping bag & feed her & then she goes from really sleepy to wide awake & chatty so I take her downstairs again for a play - this can happen 2-4 times.
She then wakes every 3 hours & gets up at 6am having gone down at 9-10pm.
She has 1-2 hours sleep in the day which she used to when she slept through.
If after too many attempts of trying to do my usual of bf to sleep/nearly sleep I try to let her self settle in the hope that she will go down but she doesn't, a few times a week I even give up feeding & taking her back for a play & rock her in my arms.

It's driving me nuts, I am sleep deprived. Her mealtimes are fine, she eats plenty but I am bf to get her to sleep at 2 x nap times, all night, throughout the night & once on waking & afternoon too.
I wonder if I am bf too much & do try to give snacks but 3xmeals are great.

Am I bf too much? Any ideas on how to get her down properly? Any ideas at all?
Thanks.

EauRouge Fri 14-Jun-13 08:24:50

This is almost certainly nothing to do with food or breastfeeding. Is she going through a developmental spurt, learning to walk maybe? Has she got some molars coming through? Our sleep went to pot when DD2 started getting her molars.

Will she sleep in your bed OK? Some people don't like co-sleeping but it can be a means to an end during a phase of bad sleep (and this is just a phase!). Even if you do nothing to 'teach' her to sleep, she will come out of the other side.

PoppyAmex Fri 14-Jun-13 08:29:17

It's probably the 9 month sleep regression.

You have my sympathy, DD woke up every 45ms from 8 months onwards until 12 months. She still doesn't sleep well, but that period was the worst.

It's pretty common, if you google it, you'll get plenty of information about it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 15-Jun-13 02:41:38

I think it could be the 9 month sleep regression too. Have a read of this and see what you think. It does get better too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now