Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby starting to sleep through - very sore boobs!

(8 Posts)
TeaOperated Wed 12-Jun-13 09:26:28

My ebf 9 week old has slept through (7-8 hours) twice this week. Either lucky fluke or the beginning of a change! I'm not popping champagne corks though because boobs agonisingly sore afterwards. Not just engorgement I don't think - she's emptied my right boob, there are no hard bits or red patches, but there's still quite an ache.

Grateful for reassurance that this will pass if sleeping through does become a regular thing!

And should I be worried about my sore right boob, or just slap on a cold compress and wait for it to pass as the day progresses?

It's not very sore - equivalent to bad pre period tenderness. But given that I'm ebf ing a 9 week old and on cerazette, which is meant to stop periods, surely not...?

TeaOperated Wed 12-Jun-13 09:27:28

Realise I went from "agonisingly sore" to "not very sore" there. Truth is somewhere in the middle!

sleepyhead Wed 12-Jun-13 09:38:04

Yes, your supply will adjust itself fairly quickly.

Do continue to watch out for the blocked duct symptoms today though just in case. Ibuprofen might help with the ache in the meantime.

Enjoy your extra sleep!

DoodleAlley Wed 12-Jun-13 09:49:25

Of expect there to be a bigger feed too in the morning too which should help with oversupply.

Very envious though as DD also 9 weeks not sleeping through!

Forgetfulmog Wed 12-Jun-13 09:58:17

I hate you all, dd is 9 mo & still not sleeping through hmm

<obviously don't really hate you. Much>

Giraffeski Wed 12-Jun-13 10:01:28

Dd2 also slept through from 9 weeks consistently despite being ebf. grin
I did find that just continuing to feed as usual meant that within a few days my supply adjusted and I was no longer engorged- although if she sleeps longer in the mornings I still get quite uncomfortable. (5 months now).

TeaOperated Wed 12-Jun-13 12:16:46

Thanks for advice/reassurance!
(And hatred/going slightly green entirely justified. Although I'm expecting it to be a fluke.)

DoodleAlley Wed 12-Jun-13 12:21:18

Well babies do have a habit of changing their minds! But here's hoping for you that they don't.

I shall go and have words with my DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now