Talk

Advanced search

How long are boobs like concrete after milk comes in?

(11 Posts)
CMac Sun 28-May-06 19:04:58

DS was born on Thursday and milk came in last night/this morning - big time! I do remember it happening with DD but can't remember how long it was like this or what I did about it! I assume I just have to wait it out but was wondering how long it was likely to last!

cod Sun 28-May-06 19:05:21

Message withdrawn

popsycal Sun 28-May-06 19:05:48

a good few days...though my memory is hazy
I found that hand expressing a tiny amount now and then helped.....helped with latching on too

Miaou Sun 28-May-06 19:10:37

oooh I was going to say about 5 iirc (she says helpfully)

azroc Sun 28-May-06 19:13:24

Congrats and just keep feeding! Supply should level with demand within a couple of days.

CMac Sun 28-May-06 19:18:44

Thanks for responses everyone. Have to say that 5 days seems like a long time atm!! I seem to remember expressing some before feeds to help with latching on - is that ok or will it just stimulate even more production?

Miaou Sun 28-May-06 19:20:06

depends how much you are expressing CMac, if it's just a bit to relieve the pressure then it won't make much of a difference.

popsycal Sun 28-May-06 19:20:09

you only need to express a tiny bit just to soften the area around the nipple (the technical term escapes me....)

rubyloo Sun 28-May-06 20:21:22

hi there, just something to add from my vivid memories of concrete boobs.. A midwife advised me to feed in differnt positions (lying down and rugby ball were very helpful) as this encourages the milk to drain from all areas and helps to stop blockages , which make concrete last longer and can lead to infection. This really worked for me.. hope that helps
congrats by the way!

kidsrus Sun 28-May-06 21:22:30

congratulations mine was 6 days don't forget to keep your back straight if your b/f, oh and cabbage leafs help preferbly savoy to cool the breasts.
warm baths are good too to express milk and the milk has healimg properties in it too!
all the best

morningpaper Sun 28-May-06 21:48:45

Took a couple of weeks with my second

Jolly uncomfy, couldn't do much about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: