Talk

Advanced search

bathing - how soon after feed??

(6 Posts)
loomer Fri 26-May-06 17:17:46

I remember being advised by a midwife oh so many months ago not to bath LO until at least an hour after her feed... however I also notice that a certain baby book advises a feed followed directly by a bath before bedtime as part of its routine - huh?

DD is now 19 weeks, if that makes any difference, and is breastfed.

Cheers in advance!

MerlinsBeard Fri 26-May-06 17:27:16

i always tried to feed after a bath if thats any help? I know they advise swimming 1-2 hours after a meal. sorry can't be more help but it bumped your thread anyway

sugarfree Fri 26-May-06 17:41:58

I always fed after the bath,the bath was to much fun and would have got them wound up again before bed.
Mine still have bath,milk and story(or read) then bed and they're 12,6 and 2.

MrsFogi Fri 26-May-06 17:42:12

I often bathe dd straight after a feed (and we often go swimming soon after a feed) - doesn't seem to bother her.

tiktok Fri 26-May-06 17:43:48

Doesn't matter - do it when it fits in with you. The advice not to feed straight after is based on the possibility of the baby being sick with the handling, but beyond the very newborn stage that's not an issue.

Personally, I think feeding after a bath is a better way to settle a baby. But your mileage may vary.

The advice for grown up people about swimming after eating is based on the idea you might get cramp.

loomer Fri 26-May-06 17:56:36

Thanks - I agree a bath before feeding and then bed seems to be a logical order, but a few times we've found ourselves saying "Let's give her a bath", then stopped when we realised that she ate recently.

I won't worry now that she's older.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: