Talk

Advanced search

Sorry - me again - baby squirming/fighting with my boob!

(7 Posts)
smileymummy Wed 24-May-06 23:03:20

Louis often fights/squirms at my boob. It is painful when he does it whilst gripping my nipple hard in his mouth

What is that all about??

He likes to feed slightly away from my body. If I pull him in too close he pushes back again. Luckily he doesnt hurt my nipple like that, so i have let him feed how he likes, even if it is not as recommended in the books.

He is piling on the weight fine, sleeps well 7-7am witha small 10pm dreamfeed, so he must be feeding fine, even if the postion is a bit odd!

But I'd love to know what the squirming/punching my breast is all about!

Thanks!

FillyjonktheSnibbet Wed 24-May-06 23:07:18

yes, dd does that, how old is ds?

shazronnie Wed 24-May-06 23:13:04

perhaps he is being impatient for the let down?

cheeseypeas Wed 24-May-06 23:47:13

I vividly remember my DS doing this. I'll nenevr be sure why as he stopped at some point. I think it was my letdown reflex. I've also wondered if it was a last kick-around, trying to get comfy before getting into that blissful baby-drunk state.

I'm not sure, but he did stop it.

7-7am with dreamfeed is great btw!

Lact8 Thu 25-May-06 00:00:48

Is he doing it during the daytime feeds? Just a few or all of them?
I'm having the same with dd at the moment and I'd love to know what it is.
Sometimes I think it's due to distractions and she's worried she'll miss something. Sometimes though she'll be nearly asleep and do it, I don't know if it's baby equivalent of when someone's falling asleep and their legs and arms do that twitchy thing IYKWIM
Just wish she'd latch off before deciding to suddenly throw her head backwards!

smileymummy Thu 25-May-06 14:55:13

Sorry - he is 15 weeks (and adorable )

He does it at most feeds. Monday - Thursday I dont feed him between 9am - 4.30pm as I am at work, but he has bottles of expressed milk (avent + stage 3 teats)

It could be to do with let down but it happens at different times in the feed - not at the begining or end, if you see what I mean.

Lact8 (great name !) I know what you mean about them pulling back with your nipple - OUCH!!

expatinscotland Thu 25-May-06 15:01:19

YES! DD2 at this age would pinch and scratch the hell outta my boob.

Now she is 24 weeks and she seems to want to eat AND look at everything, so she pops on and off quite a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: