Talk

Advanced search

Minimum time for a bottle feed to last??

(5 Posts)
u32ng Tue 28-May-13 08:16:48

My almost 4 month old DS just finished his bottle in 10mins (180ml/6oz)! This seems quick to me.

I usually use a medela calma to feed him but I had to start giving him breaks (which he understandably hated) to stretch out the feed to 15 mins. So I decided to try a regular teat (Avent slow flow 2-hole teat) & that's the bottle he just finished in 10mins!

He seems to have kept it down which is good as i was worried that he would chuck it all back up having finished so quickly.

What do you think is the minimum amount of time for a feed this size??

rainbowfeet Tue 28-May-13 08:20:42

Sounds about right to me, my ds would take around same time as that at that age to finish a feed. I would break half way through for a wind & a good wind at the end.
I'd say as long as he isn't sick then it's fine. grin

beckslovestimmy Tue 28-May-13 08:31:20

About right I think, DD is 19 weeks now, I only stop to wind during the feed if she stops iyswim but shes not a sicky baby were on avent 3 teats (3months+)smile

Midori1999 Tue 28-May-13 09:28:07

I wouldn't worry if he's not getting windy/sick.

My first two boys would drink their milk in about five minutes from quite ayoung age, it never seemed to matter how much was in the bottle, whereas my third would take an hour to drink 2oz. They're all different.

u32ng Tue 28-May-13 16:08:46

Thanks! DS has always been a bit of a hungry one so maybe this is his style then?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now