Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis advice- again!

(4 Posts)
wishfulthinking1 Mon 27-May-13 22:25:59

Hi all- I developed mastitis Saturday night, got antibiotics Sunday morning. My 'flu like' symptoms have improved massively, but the red patch on my breast is spreading. I've been massaging it and continuing to feed but if doesn't seem to have made a difference. To be honest, breast is sore, but not agonisingly painful- just worried about blocked duct not clearing and getting worse. The milk seems fine- not stringy or bloody.

If red patch / sore boob is still there tomorrow should I go back to drs? Or wait until antibiotics have finished (not till Saturday)
Thank you!

noblegiraffe Tue 28-May-13 06:23:15

Go back, it could be an abscess starting to form.

CityDweller Tue 28-May-13 06:59:36

And your course of antibs should be for at least 10 days...

McBaby Tue 28-May-13 07:34:09

My red area got worse before it got better! I expressed religiously every 2-3 hours until all symptoms had gone which helped with the pain and helps clear the infection. If you this its getting worse I would consider going back to docs they had to change my antibiotics when it came back again and they worked much quicker than the original ones but it still took a couple of days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now