Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to talk poo? Not sure if it bf related or if I can help ds

(7 Posts)
OodPi Mon 27-May-13 18:07:13

Ds had meningitis at 7 weeks old. This was treated witha selection of ABs and 2 weeks in hospital. During this time he fed as normal but his poo was quite explosive andat times sore.he had some tested but nothing came back.

He's now 11 weeks and its still explosive (grumpy fir 10-15 mins before) although the consistency is fairly normal. It also smells eggy.

I've read about the smells being linked to intolerances but obviously in his case it could be linked to his stomach being out of kilter still.

Wondering if it could be linked/helped by my diet. Any suggestions?

sleepyhead Mon 27-May-13 18:18:43

Ds2 had eggy smelling poo for the first 3 or 4 weeks of his life.

He was exposed to antibiotics from day 8-18 via me (We were readmitted and I was on 2 fairly strong abs via IV while continuing to bf ds2) but his poo was eggy before that.

I also read about the intolerance link when I was looking into causes, but he's 7 weeks now and poo smells like normal bf poo with no change in my diet, so for us it was obviously just one of those things.

OodPi Mon 27-May-13 18:50:51

I think that's most likeyas we have no family history

habhann Mon 27-May-13 19:24:01

I found udos infant blend good for introducing good bacteria to gut after course of antib. I have given it to my lo...

FattyMcChubster Mon 27-May-13 19:39:41

DD's poo was explosive to say the least! Was like that for at least 3 months. Didn't smell eggy though, more like peanuts? Or baking?

OodPi Mon 27-May-13 21:01:54

Usually popcorny!

OodPi Mon 27-May-13 21:07:19

Habhann- this?
Interesting reference to c-section babies having lower quantities of bacteria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now