Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got any summer dresses you can bf in?

(7 Posts)
lurcherlover Sun 26-May-13 10:26:11

I don't really like specific "bf"clothes (never find them as discreet as the vest-and-top combo we all know and love) but I'd really like to be able to wear a dress occasionally in hot weather rather than a skirt and top. Has anyone seen any summer dresses recently that would work? Fatface had nice ones with buttons up the front, but the buttons were the really faffy ones that would take half an hour to undo so not really an option.

KatAndKit Sun 26-May-13 10:29:53

I have a nice one I bought recently from White Stuff. The buttons are a bit faffy but I leave them undone and I have a vest which I have cut into a crop top underneath it to provide coverage whilst feeding.
www.whitestuff.com/sabi-dress-prod405353_komono_ppl/
They have a few others in a similar style - as I say, a cut in half vest underneath the dress makes it ideal for breastfeeding.

BonaDea Sun 26-May-13 13:41:20

I've been wondering the same. All my lovely summer dresses are no go now!

Skirts and tops fine but would prefer not to have to wear vest and top in warm weather.

Watching thread with interest!'

EauRouge Sun 26-May-13 15:19:31

You need to have a look at Milk Chic.

I can breastfeed in pretty much all of my dresses, I've been BF for almost 5 years now so I only have a couple of pre-DC dresses that I can't feed in. Most of my dresses are wrap dresses or shirt dresses than can be worn with a vest underneath, or I just tuck a muslin square under my bra strap. Or now that the DDs are a bit older I just tell them to wait grin

TwitchyTail Sun 26-May-13 17:19:07

I've got a Mamascarf and after practising in a mirror, am happy just to wear normal dresses with buttons or stretchy ones that can be pulled down over boob. I appreciate not everyone likes covers though (and not all babies will stand for it grin ) but just suggesting it for occasional use maybe.

Meringue33 Sun 26-May-13 18:46:08

Yes from Mamaway I like their styles

PinkPepper Sun 26-May-13 22:27:43

I've got a couple from white stuff that have almost wrap fronts like this www.whitestuff.com/twinkle-dress-prod405779_grey_goose/?src=LS and just pull the wrap bit accross to feed and the top bit down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now