Talk

Advanced search

One breast bigger than the other!!

(4 Posts)
bonbonpixie Fri 24-May-13 23:25:02

So been BF DD now for 12 months. As of a couple of months ago she only feeds once after breakfast, a few times after dinner (and before bed) and once during the night normally about 2/3am. However before we finally managed to get her into her own room/cot she was co-sleeping and feeding anywhere between 5 and 10 times a night. Favouring the right side, mainly because I was too lazy to change sides in the middle of the night. During that time I did offer the left during day time feeds in an effort to balance things out. Needless to say this didn't really seem to work and from 7 months my right breast has been maybe two or even three cup sizes bigger than my left! We're now at 12 months and there is no change! Someone please tell me that they will even out soon! I've visited the GP, she seemed to think it was fine and I was given the wait a few months..till you stop feeding line. Should I be more concerned? Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if I should be more proactive and visit GP again but don't think DD will be giving up bf completely any time soon and I don't want to waste their time!

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 23:26:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 24-May-13 23:27:48

I have this. I assumed it was because of a natural difference in size magnified by the fact that having had 3 children I'm now 4 stone overweight.

DS is almost a year and has always preferred by right breast, as did my other two. It never changed, but got worse as I had subsequent children and got fatter.

lowercase Fri 24-May-13 23:31:44

This happened to me too, I had mastitis and fed more with the well side.
Most of us have a side slightly larger, more milk, side baby favours...
I settled back to normal after feeding.
Must have been quick as I don't remember having any concerns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now