Talk

Advanced search

Pain on one side only, advice please

(11 Posts)

I am breast feeding my 3 week old DD we got past the initial toe curling pain by the end of week one but now the last couple of days poor lefty is really painful again (righty is fine)

It is painful to latch her on and painful to touch too, almost like a burning sensation. I have altered position from holding her across the front to a rugby ball hold so I can see her latch, using bm as well as buckets full of lansinoh and changing my pads regularly to try and sooth it. I also try to make sure it doesn't become too engorged (but lefty does seem to fill and harden more) what else can I try. Do you think this is just a latch problem and will be fine in a couple of days or should I see someone about it? Any advice?

Bumping smile

McBaby Fri 24-May-13 19:33:24

Get checked for tongue tie. I always had one ok side and one very painful side.

Did your little one have tongue tie then mcbaby?

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 20:40:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Right, I have no temp, my breast tissue gets hard and sore around one side when I need to feed, no white spots or heat patches around my breast, but my nip is quite warm, and really really tender to touch. Just fed again from that side, the pain is awful sad

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 21:42:18

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 21:44:02

Oh Harriet thank you for those links, I will follow the advice and maybe my toes will stop curling at every feed from that side.

McBaby Fri 24-May-13 22:25:30

Yes we had to his tie but it was only spotted at seven weeks. I had horrible pain on one side much worse when feeding but it hurt 24/7.

I will get her checked for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now