Talk

Advanced search

10 week old

(20 Posts)
LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 15:39:29

My little one is 10 weeks old. Does any one no from experience how long he should be feeding each time. And how many wet nappies should he have?
smilesmile

tiktok Fri 24-May-13 16:05:54

LittleJack, there are no 'shoulds' to answer your question smile At 10 weeks, babies might be feeding 3 mins every time, or an hour every time, or anything in between, and with a different length of time each feed, too.

At this age, he's probably weeing quite a lot, but you can't count nappies, really, as each one might have a different no. of wees in it - and very absorbent disposables don't give you much of a clue here. Most babies need their nappies changing several times in 24 hours, though.

What's the concern with him? If he is healthy and thriving there's normally no need to count or time anything by this age smile

LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 16:36:57

I was just a bit worried he'd had enough milk. I am a worrier. He seems happy enough giving loads of smiles and no temperature.
smilesmile

tiktok Fri 24-May-13 16:58:19

Sounds great!

The point is that knowing how long a baby is on the breast gives you no clues at all as to intake.

The baby who is on the breast for 10 mins does not take half the amount of the baby who is on for 20 - intake differs according to how fast the baby sucks and swallows, how readily the mother lets down the milk. And in any case, it would not help if we could work it out - babies take different amounts according to their needs and desires at any one time smile That's why the only thing you can do is to leave it up to the baby.

If your baby is smiling and healthy and happy, then do you have a tendency to look for something to worry about? What might help you have more confidence? It's pretty tiring, worrying....sad

LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 17:05:45

I know I worry to much. Everything ok I should be happy I can have more time interacting with him. It was just I thought maybe he hadn't had enough wet nappies.
smilesmile

nananaps Fri 24-May-13 17:08:26

Hi littlejack my little Jack has wet nappies each time i change hm, every 3-4 hours, feeds for sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes.

Getting him weighed every week satisfies me that he is doing great x

tiktok my boy is 17 weeks and still feeding every 2-3 hours day & night, when can i hope for a full night sleep do you think?

tiktok Fri 24-May-13 17:30:15

Dunno, sorry, nananaps smile

Maybe tomorrow wink?

nananaps Fri 24-May-13 17:43:46

rubbbbbbbishhhhh! grin

Ok, when do they no longer NEED feeding every couple of hours?
Would it be at 6 months when weening?

We have discussed this at length me & my boy, and he isnt very communicative, just drools and smiles at me. Frankly not helpful.

LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 17:59:10

My little ones like that I ask him how's feeling and why's he not drink so much. Also does he think he's having enough wet nappies. All he does is smile and gives out a little noise.
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 18:43:27

Does any one know any good breastfeeding books?
smilesmile

ChocolateHelps Fri 24-May-13 19:22:47

Breastfeeding Made Simple

Womanly Art of Breastfeeding 8th ed

is my baby getting enough milk. 75p plus postage

If you call any of the national helplines you'll get thru to a trained volunteer who can help you work out how well your own baby is doing

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 20:48:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 20:50:45

LittleJack15 Fri 24-May-13 21:17:00

Thank you. Just bought The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding on my kindle wink.
smilesmile

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 24-May-13 21:29:32

LittleJack15 Sat 25-May-13 08:32:18

I think a lot of my chaps problem is last two days he's struggled to have a poo in the morning. You can see him struggling to go.
Has any one got any ideas why this is and what I can do to help him please?
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Sat 25-May-13 08:39:06

Also another question can you drink soya milk while breastfeeding?
smilesmile

mrsbugsywugsy Sat 25-May-13 08:51:17

baby massage can help get their bowels moving. it also is a good way to relax and enjoy spending time with your baby smile

AFAIK soya milk is fine, I drink it every day.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 25-May-13 13:31:20

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 25-May-13 13:32:56

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now